The Cartford Inn is a top gastropub and one of the hospitality industry’s best employers. Since 2007 our pub, restaurant and hotel has become an award winning gastropub of nationwide acclaim. These achievements would not have been possible without skilled and passionate individuals in all areas of the business. As we constantly evolve and seek to improve, we are always looking for dedicated people to enhance our already strong team.
Working at The Cartford Inn is an excellent opportunity to progress your career in hospitality. Always striving for the highest standards in food, drink and hospitality we have gained a reputation not only as one of the best gastropubs in the region, but nationwide, ranking in the Top 50 Gastropubs list and featuring in the Michelin and Good Food guides. We’ve been voted Lancashire Dining Pub Of The Year, Leisure and Tourism Business Of The Year and reached the finals of the Great British Pub Awards in recent years.
Our caliber as an employer earned us a place in the finals of the ‘best employer’ category at the Catey awards 2014: Hospitality’s most prestigious awards! This reflects our commitment to staff welfare and professional development - We are proactive in ensuring our employees are happy and fulfilled in their roles, providing excellent access to training and support and promoting a social work environment with staff meals and events.
We are currently looking for enthusiastic applicants for both full and part-time positions in several departments, including waiting staff, housekeepers and junior and senior kitchen roles.
*Feature Role - Sous Chef*
We are looking for a passionate, skilled and experienced chef to fill the senior role of sous chef, to support the head chef and enhance our already strong kitchen team here at The Cartford Inn.
The role requires someone with demonstrable qualifications and experience in a position of similar responsibility in another high-calibre professional kitchen. Most importantly, applicants should have an enthusiasm for food and cooking, take pride in their work and have an eagerness to contribute to our constant efforts to exceed expectations with our food.
The perfect candidate will have the opportunity to learn and develop their skills within a flourishing kitchen team at one of the best restaurants of its kind in the country, along with all the other benefits of working for one of hospitality’s best employers.
- Supporting the head chef with kitchen management and leadership, including adopting the responsibilities of the head chef when he’s away
- Contributing ideas and inspiration to help in the development of new dishes, menus and specials
- Leading and working with the kitchen team to prepare, cook and present dishes to our high standards
- Ensuring impeccable standards of kitchen hygiene along with the health and safety of yourself and others in the kitchen
- Managing levels of mis en place and kitchen inventories to minimise wastage and loss
Necessary skills and experience:
- Well developed cooking skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- An ability to remain calm under pressure at busy times
- Recognised cookery qualifications
- Experience working at a senior level in another professional kitchen
Most importantly, the ideal candidate will have an existing passion for being a chef, a well-developed knowledge of food and cooking and an eagerness to continue to learn and develop.
In return, we will offer you:
- A competitive salary based on experience
- Staff discounts and benefits
- The support to develop and progress your career with us
- Help finding accommodation if relocating
If you believe you are the perfect candidate for this role send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you're interested in other opportunities at The Cartford Inn, please send us your CV and a letter specifying the type of role you are looking for to email@example.com